Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sellsword, part I: March-April 2014

In this new series of articles, I'll discuss actual freelancing projects and other related things I've been up to. I'll probably be posting these updates rather randomly, whenever something new and interesting happens.



Here's what I've been doing since the winner of RPGSS 2014 was announced:
  • I sent a few monster pitches to a major publisher and got an assignment to develop four of them into full-fledged bestiary entries. I might publish one or two of the rejected entries here in the blog when time allows, as part of the Serpent's Stash series.
  • I joined the Flying Pincushion's team of freelancer writers and started designing content for an upcoming book about the cavalier class. Remember to check it out when it's published!
  • I discussed freelancing opportunities with another publisher, but nothing substantial has come out of it yet. It seems, though, that I'll be rather busy with the two projects mentioned above, so I probably won't be joining any new projects until June.
  • I inquired about the PFS module I get to write as an RPGSS runner-up, but I don't know the schedule yet.
  • I sent in my program info to the organizers of Ropecon about a presentation on RPGSS and RPG design. Ropecon is one of Finland's biggest annual gaming conventions.
In an earlier post I mentioned I'll be discussing non-disclosure agreements in my first Sellsword update, but unfortunately I don't have the time to write about that right now. But actually, if I'll write a separate article about it at a later date, I'll have more first-hand information about NDAs in the business. Stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment

A Sword for Hire